One of the most amazing feelings is getting your hair washed and styled at the salon! This is especially true for our curly haired clients with unruly curls. Here are some blow-drying tips to help you get that salon look with your at-home blow outs:
* The type of brush you use when blow drying your hair is essential to getting good results. Metal brushes heat up way too fast, making the hair way too hot and causing damage. Use a round brush with a mix of nylon and boar bristles. The more open-bristle type is used for achieving height and lift. The densely packed real-bristle round brushes are great for smoothing and straightening your hair with the tension needed for hair that naturally has a wave or curl.
* With curly hair, it’s better to use low heat and low air flow to brush the kinks out of your hairline. If you use high heat and high air do not go close to the scalp; you may burn your scalp and over dry your hair.
* Do not hold the blow dryer in place as you dry your hair. Keep moving up and down the hair or you could over dry and create damage to your hair.
* When you are drying your hair, make sure your brush is vertical and your blow dryer is horizontal. Also, when drying curly hair you must use tension. The tighter the curl the more tension you will use to make your hair straight. Make sure to have the concentrator on the nozzle of your blow dryer direct the air flow in the same direction, which will decrease frizz and keep the root area smooth.
* Sectioning your hair when you are blow drying it will help make the process go faster. Blow dry your hair about 70% dry and then section your hair into four sections. Take one inch sections and blow dry to ensure your hair is smooth and straight. The more hair you add to your brush the longer it will take to dry and it will not dry evenly.
Sometimes you need some assistance to create smoothness and cut down the styling time. Vito Mazza Salon will be launching the Brazilian Blowout next month. Brazilian Blowout is a professional smoothing treatment that is the most innovative and effective in the world! This treatment uses innovative and breakthrough bonding technologies that improve the health and condition of the hair by creating a protective protein layer around the hair shaft to eliminate frizz and smooth the cuticle. The end result is smooth, healthy, frizz-free hair with radiant shine! This in-salon treatment is completed in just 90 minutes and there is no down time! The minute you leave the salon, you can wash and air dry your hair, workout, put your hair in a ponytail or clip it up and it will be smooth, frizz-free and shiny! Results can last up to 12 weeks and we will be retailing the Brazilian Blowout hair care line that contains acai to ensure longer lasting results.
Come learn more about our new Brazilian Blowout service and learn how to Tame Your Mane! On February 27th we will be offering styling lessons for $45 (a $15 savings) that will teach you how to turn your curly locks into straight and sexy. Call to make your reservation today (732) 636-0119.
For more information on Brazilian Blowout check out their website www.brazilianblowout.com